Anonymous Collectibles NJ said...

“Let me see if I got this right. You buy low grade

beat up cards and feature them on your blog.

That’s awesome. Totally different than all the

other blogs I have seen featuring the nicest cards.”


1.16.2011

1960 Topps
Vic Wertz

So you learn something new every day.

Today, I learned that Willie Mays should thank VicWertz. we should allk, Hec thank Vic Wertz.

Why you ask?

It is Wertz that is partly responsible for creating the legend that is Willie Mays.

You see, I consider Willie Mays to be the second greatest baseball player ever. Babe  Ruth is tops on my list. And whenever I picture Mays at his greatest, I imagine him making that amazing over-the-shoulder catch at the Polo Grounds during the 1954 World Series.

Guess who hit that ball 460 feet?

That's right, Vic Wertz.

So thank you Willie Mays and thank you Vic Wertz. Thanks for giving baseball "the catch."

No comments: