Anonymous Collectibles NJ said...

“Let me see if I got this right. You buy low grade

beat up cards and feature them on your blog.

That’s awesome. Totally different than all the

other blogs I have seen featuring the nicest cards.”


10.08.2012

1967 Topps
Fence Busters

If cards could talk.

For about 75 cents per half how could I resist this beauty.

It seems that years ago, someone decided to make the split. It reminds me of one of those old prom photos that you cut in two after breaking up with an old girlfriend.

I wonder which Willie broke the previous owner's heart.

Could it have been Mays after returning to New York in 1972? Or maybe it was McCovey who left the Bay Area for sunny San Diego in 1974?

Either way someone made this relationship whole again. And all that was needed was a piece of tape.

REMEMBER TO CLICK ON LOGO ABOVE FOR MORE POSTS

3 comments:

Matthew Glidden said...

Every low-grade card has a story! Great pick-up.

Brian Dodson said...

Great find! Makes you wonder

petethan said...

I like how the person putting it back together seems to have felt sorry for Mays because of his height disadvantage in this pairing with Stretch and tried to give him another quarter of an inch by realignment.