Anonymous Collectibles NJ said...

“Let me see if I got this right. You buy low grade

beat up cards and feature them on your blog.

That’s awesome. Totally different than all the

other blogs I have seen featuring the nicest cards.”


4.06.2013

1958 Topps
Mickey Mantle

I knew it would arrive any day in the mail. The anticipation had grown every day since I hit the buy-it-now button earlier this week.

Can you imagine what it was like for this card's first owner?

Mickey Mantle was the two-time defending American League MVP in 1958. He was the best baseball player on the planet, playing for the sport's most famous team.

He was like Miguel Cabrera and Buster Posey all rolled into one. He was at the top of his game.

When this card was first separated from its packaging the look on the new owner's face must have been priceless. First or last, this Mickey Mantle card has put more than a few smiles on it's owner's faces. Including my own.

1 comment:

Jeremy said...

I've got a well loved 1966 Mantle that has the roundest corners, and is creased all over. I also wonder which kid loved this card.