Anonymous Collectibles NJ said...

“Let me see if I got this right. You buy low grade

beat up cards and feature them on your blog.

That’s awesome. Totally different than all the

other blogs I have seen featuring the nicest cards.”


11.15.2009

1961 Fleer
Honus Wagner

So it's not that Honus Wagner. But it is a Honus Wagner nonetheless.

This 1961 Fleer is a definite option for those card collectors out there who would never consider a Wagner from his playing days.

When thinking of the Pittsburgh shortstop, we often only consider his famed T206 card. But I think we must also remember that there were plenty of gum and candy cards made of Wagner – and not all will set you back $1 million.

One of the best buys I ever made was about 10 years ago when I found a 1909 E95 Honus Wagner (look for it in the coming months) in decent shape at a National card show. The card's back has some paper loss and therefore became affordable.

I would never be able to afford that card today, even in its condition.

But this Wagner is just that — affordable.

For about the price of lunch, you too can be the owner of a Honus Wagner baseball card.

No comments: