Anonymous Collectibles NJ said...

“Let me see if I got this right. You buy low grade

beat up cards and feature them on your blog.

That’s awesome. Totally different than all the

other blogs I have seen featuring the nicest cards.”


7.09.2009

1970 Topps
Reggie Jackson

I get a few baseball card catalogs in the mail every so often and one thing I have noticed lately is the price of Reggie Jackson Cards.

With the exception of his 1969 rookie, most all Jackson cards are quite affordable.

While I did not get this second-year card through a catalog, I did pick it up for under $5.

I consider Reggie Jackson to be on of the game's true stars. But the price of his cards seem to reflect that of a middle-tier Hall-of-Famer rather than the icon I believe he is.

I'm not sure why. After all, he was a Yankee.

But that's okay with me if it means I can grab a few of this man's cards for less than the price of lunch.

1 comment:

Carl Crawford Cards said...

Hmmm...the price of Reggie's is perplexing. Although he was a Yanki, he's more of the Oscar the Grouch variety than Derek Jeter's Elmo.

He is an icon, an absolute monster at the plate who produced some of the most memorable moments of the '70s and '80s. BUT he wasn't out to sell himself as Mr. America, so a lot of folks have all but forgotten him.

Like you, as long as I can steal his cardboards, fine by me.