Anonymous Collectibles NJ said...

“Let me see if I got this right. You buy low grade

beat up cards and feature them on your blog.

That’s awesome. Totally different than all the

other blogs I have seen featuring the nicest cards.”


11.03.2009

1962 Topps
Yogi Berra

I'm grateful to Aflac Insurance for keeping Yogi Berra in our minds over the past few years.

If it weren't for them, I wonder how many of the kids out there would have ever heard of the great Yankee catcher.

But sometimes it takes a comical commercial to keep one of the game's greats in the public eye.

I hope today's kids don't just remember him for his kooky sayings.

He is one of four four players to be named MVP in the American League three times. As a manager, he also led both AL and NL teams to the World Series.

But back to his yogisms ...

My favorite: "Always go to other people's funerals, otherwise they won't go to yours."

What's your favorite Yogi quote?

3 comments:

night owl said...

"You can observe a lot by watching," is probably my favorite.

But there are a bunch that don't get mentioned a lot. Here's one of my favorites:

"I'm not going to buy my kids an encyclopedia. Let them walk to school like I did."

Mark Aubrey said...

I'll go with one specifically about baseball and one probably about baseball travels...

"He hits from both sides of the plate. He's amphibious."

"The towels were so thick there I could hardly close my suitcase."

Dave R said...

My favorite is Yogi's view on the popularity of a particular restaurant (or was it a nightclub?):

"No one goes there anymore, it's too crowded."