Anonymous Collectibles NJ said...

“Let me see if I got this right. You buy low grade

beat up cards and feature them on your blog.

That’s awesome. Totally different than all the

other blogs I have seen featuring the nicest cards.”


5.27.2008

1969 Topps
Mickey Mantle


It's been some time since I added to my collection via eBay.
This week I added several cards including this 1969 Topps Mickey Mantle. I never saw him play (too young) but there is no doubt that he is one of the game's greatest.

While this card has seen better days, it's still a Mickey Mantle from his playing days. Well, sort of ... Mantle actually retired before the 1969 season.

As far as condition goes, it doesn't make much sense to pay hundreds (if not thousands) for a card in mint condition when this one was just a fraction of the price.

No comments: