Anonymous Collectibles NJ said...

“Let me see if I got this right. You buy low grade

beat up cards and feature them on your blog.

That’s awesome. Totally different than all the

other blogs I have seen featuring the nicest cards.”


8.05.2008

1954 Dan Dee
Phil Rizzuto


If any card set was made for this blog, this is the one.

In 1954, Dan Dees were issued in bags of potato chips. And while Topps cards have a chance of being stained by gum, Dan Dees were almost always stained by those oily potato chips.

One card was issued per bag. And while it rolled around with the greasy chips, it picked up a few corner dings along the way. Therefore, it is almost impossible to find one of these old cards in mint condition.

This example has more problems than a few stains and corner dings. This card has more creases than I can count. But isn't it a great card anyway?

As of this posting, this is the only Dan Dee in my collection.

One down, only 28 more to go.

No comments: