Anonymous Collectibles NJ said...

“Let me see if I got this right. You buy low grade

beat up cards and feature them on your blog.

That’s awesome. Totally different than all the

other blogs I have seen featuring the nicest cards.”


11.10.2008

1954 Red Heart
Bob Lemon

Other than the 1980 Topps set, I have never really put together a complete baseball card set.

That's not to say that's the only set I have in my collection. I have my share.

But with the exception of 1980, I have never put together a set, one card at a time.

Before August, I had one 1954 Red Heart card (Alvin Dark). After picking up today's mail I have 12.

"Wow, 12," you may say.

Well 12 cards is more than a third of the set. There are only 33 cards: 11 with a red background, 11 with green and 11 with blue.

You can follow my slow, but steady trek to complete the set at redheartcards.com.

So far it's cost me about $300. More than half that amount for a pretty-bad Mickey Mantle.

Bob Lemon cost me $20.

No comments: