Anonymous Collectibles NJ said...

“Let me see if I got this right. You buy low grade

beat up cards and feature them on your blog.

That’s awesome. Totally different than all the

other blogs I have seen featuring the nicest cards.”


5.22.2010

1953 Topps
Enos Slaughter

While deciding on a card to post, this card stood out. Way out.

Maybe it was the bold colors of this 1953 Topps card. Maybe it was the 1950s feel of the old advertising peeking over Slaughter's shoulder. Maybe it was the fact that it was just plain worn.

This card has some definite mileage. This is my kind of card.

You just know that some kid carried this thing in his back pocket for the entire 1953 season. At least that's what it looks like.

That's half the fun of owning a poor old baseball card. Wondering where it's been.

1 comment:

William Regenthal said...

Yes, I know exactly what you mean! Really cool card, man.