Anonymous Collectibles NJ said...

“Let me see if I got this right. You buy low grade

beat up cards and feature them on your blog.

That’s awesome. Totally different than all the

other blogs I have seen featuring the nicest cards.”


6.01.2011

1960 Fleer
Zack Wheat

Do you ever buy a card on eBay only to find the shipping cost is more than the card itself? It happens to me all the time.

Lately, I've tried to find a few other cards from the same seller in order to cut down on the price of the card. Does that make sense? In other words, I buy multiple cards from the same buyer taking advantage of combined shipping.

This card is one of those. It was $.25 but the shipping was $3. So I added a 1960 Rookie Star Julio Navarro for $.01, a 1960 Topps Joe Cunningham for $.01, a 1960 Topps Rookie Star Frank Howard for $1.50 and a 1960 Topps Harry Simpson for $.15. Total cost with shipping $4.92.

This is my first 1960 Fleer card and I'm not all that thrilled with its design. It' just plain terrible. But that big piece of tape residue makes it worth while. It's the little things that make a poor old baseball card.

1 comment:

CaptKirk42 said...

I love combined shipping. I don't like it though when a seller makes no mention of combined shipping and don't budge on individual card shipping rates even though they will end up shipping all the cards in the same package. I got one bozo who each single card was $2.50 shipping and I bought 3 cards (or was it 4?) from him and I did the "ask seller for total" thing and all he did was lower the prices some so it was $2.25 per card. I should have asked for him to send them individually in PEWEs. OH BOY will his shipping star get dinged big time.