Anonymous Collectibles NJ said...

“Let me see if I got this right. You buy low grade

beat up cards and feature them on your blog.

That’s awesome. Totally different than all the

other blogs I have seen featuring the nicest cards.”


10.06.2013

1960 Topps
Frank Howard


I posted this same card several months ago. It used to look like this.

But a week or so ago, my chihuahua/pug mix decided it looked more like an appetizer.

When I first saw the card in no less than nine pieces, I was hoping: Don't let it be Mickey Mantle. Don't let it be Mickey Mantle. Don't let it be Mickey Mantle.

It wasn't. But it was sad to see Frank Howard in distress. I quickly picked up the pieces and put them aside. I thought it was beyond repair.

Tonight I figured, with the help of some transparent tape, I'd put it back together. And from what I can tell, I think it's all there.

I think I dodged a bullet. Lesson learned.

No comments: