Anonymous Collectibles NJ said...

“Let me see if I got this right. You buy low grade

beat up cards and feature them on your blog.

That’s awesome. Totally different than all the

other blogs I have seen featuring the nicest cards.”


6.22.2009

1962 Topps
Duke Snider

Duke Snider was only a part-time player for the Dodgers in 1962. He played in 80 games that year and hit five homers.

But after the season ended he was in fact traded to the New York Mets. That must be when this card's owner marked the transaction on the card.

For some reason or another, there are a lot of poor-condition cards of Snider out there.

Before starting this blog over a year ago, I owned no Snider cards. I now own three. This 1962 Topps, a 1959 Topps and a 1957 Topps – all in pretty-bad shape.

With a little searching on eBay, I can probably find an Ex condition version of this card for about $20.

But I'll take this poor condition card any day. Complete with a kid's scribbles.

No comments: