Anonymous Collectibles NJ said...

“Let me see if I got this right. You buy low grade

beat up cards and feature them on your blog.

That’s awesome. Totally different than all the

other blogs I have seen featuring the nicest cards.”


1.07.2010

1963 Topps Rookie Stars
Mathews, Fanok, DeBusschere, Cullen

This is one of those baseball cards I picked up at the local baseball card shop a few days ago. It was $1.

A dollar for a baseball card of a Hall of Famer.

Believe it or not Dave DeBusschere is in the Hall of Fame: The Basketball Hall of Fame.

He is one of several baseball players to have also played professional basketball. But as far as I can tell he is the only one to become a Hall of Famer.

As a baseball player, DeBusschere played in two seasons for the Chicago White Sox where he compiled a 3-4 record with a 2.90 ERA.

2 comments:

Doug said...

For some reason I have 3 1964 DeBusschere cards inherited from my brother. I swear it took 20 years and it finally clicked That's the basketball player!

Anonymous said...

Dave D. was a Motown native, and started his basketball career with the Pistons. Why they let him get away to the Knicks is a mystery to me.