Anonymous Collectibles NJ said...

“Let me see if I got this right. You buy low grade

beat up cards and feature them on your blog.

That’s awesome. Totally different than all the

other blogs I have seen featuring the nicest cards.”


1.09.2010

1909 E90-1
Donie Bush

Before this card arrived, I had no idea who Donie Bush was.

Donie Bush was a darn good baseball player.

In 1914, Bush finished third in the American League MVP voting behind future Hall of Famers - and Detroit teammates - Eddie Collins and Sam Crawford.

The shortstop is also the major league leader in triple plays with nine.

I once saw a triple play during a Spring Training game. That was the only one in my 30-plus years of watching baseball.

To have nine is amazing.

He also holds the Amercan League record for putouts by a shortstop in a season with 425 and chances with 969.

Not bad for a guy I've never heard of.

1 comment:

Collective Troll said...

Wow, 9 triples plays, that is awesome... I have seen several over the years in the minors (and little league) but never in person in the majors, only on TV. A more impressive (read unbreakable) for a shortstop at the turn of the century is Rudy Hulswitt who holds the record (1903) with 138 errors in one season. Nice card, I love this blog!