Anonymous Collectibles NJ said...

“Let me see if I got this right. You buy low grade

beat up cards and feature them on your blog.

That’s awesome. Totally different than all the

other blogs I have seen featuring the nicest cards.”


4.01.2010

1954 Red Heart
Richie Ashburn

Richie Ashburn is No. 28 of 33.

In August of 2008, I set out to complete the 1954 Red Heart set. There are only 33 cards in the set and Asburn is the 28th in my collection.

You can follow my quest at redheartcards.com

Five more to go: Fain, Fox, Schoendienst, Slaughter and Spahn stand in the way of completing the set.

I know it's been a long time: two years to collect 33 cards.

While these beautifull cards are not the most difficult to find, they are hard to get at an affordable price. It's also becoming more and more difficult to get them not graded. I hate graded cards.

And while searching eBay earlier tonight for the final five, I was disappointed to see many graded cards and many cards in the $50-plus range.

Not a poor old baseball card in the bunch. I'll just have to keep looking.

No comments: