Anonymous Collectibles NJ said...

“Let me see if I got this right. You buy low grade

beat up cards and feature them on your blog.

That’s awesome. Totally different than all the

other blogs I have seen featuring the nicest cards.”


4.22.2010

1965 Topps
Don Zimmer

Nowadays, I get most of my cards on eBay.

This 1965 Topps Don Zimmer is no exception.

One bad thing about shopping on eBay is sometimes a seller will charge a little too much in shipping and handling charges. I think you all know what I mean. I think $4 S&H is a little too much for a card you just bought for $2.

So like many of you, I often buy a few more cards from sellers since it usually doesn't cost any more to ship a few extra cards.

In my eyes, that brings the cost of each card down a bit. Make sense?

Anyway, this is one of those extra cards I got to help spread out the cost of that shipping and handling.

When I got this card, the seller was charging $2 for shipping and handling with no extra charge for more cards. That's actually a pretty good deal.

The card I really wanted was a $4 1957 Topps Richie Ashburn. Not only did I get the Ashburn, I also got a few more using the BUY IT NOW option:

1969 Don Drysdale ($1.50)
1967 Frank Robinson ($1.50)
1968 Harmon KIllebrew ($1.50)
1969 Nate Colbert ($1.50)
1975 Randy Jones ($2)
1975 Chris Cannizarro ($1)
1965 Don Zimmer ($1)
Total: $14 + $2 shipping

Not a bad deal for $16.

1 comment:

PunkRockPaint said...

I just bought my first Zimmer card! It is a '55 Bowman (the "Color TV" cards.) I thought of you when I first saw it. Light edge wear, minor surface wear, one slightly rounded corner... and an AWESOME crease right down the middle! Not bad for $2.