Anonymous Collectibles NJ said...

“Let me see if I got this right. You buy low grade

beat up cards and feature them on your blog.

That’s awesome. Totally different than all the

other blogs I have seen featuring the nicest cards.”


4.25.2010

1952 Berk Ross
Whitey Lockman

Here's one of those cards I really don't know a whole lot about.

From what I can gather on the Web, Berk Ross cards were produced in 1951 and 1952 by the Berk Ross Corp. of New York City.

I also found that these 1952 cards are larger than those produced in 1951.

Apparently in 1951, the cards were issued in boxes while in 1952 they were included in wrappers.

That's about all I know.

So I'm hoping one of you out there knows more. Like, what was Berk Ross? Was it a candy company? Was it an upstart to compete with Bowman and later Topps?  Why only two sets?

If anyone out there knows any of these answers, please share by commenting on this post.

Inquiring minds want to know.

No comments: