Anonymous Collectibles NJ said...

“Let me see if I got this right. You buy low grade

beat up cards and feature them on your blog.

That’s awesome. Totally different than all the

other blogs I have seen featuring the nicest cards.”


1.28.2015

1952 Topps
Dom DiMaggio

During his brother Joe's 56-game hitting streak, bandleader Les Brown immortalized the feat with a popular song.

"Joltin' Joe DiMaggio" became a popular hit – get it?

You can her the song here. Joltin' Joe DiMaggio

He started baseball's famous streak
That's got us all aglow
He's just a man and not a freak,
Joltin' Joe DiMaggio.


Not to be outdone, the folks in Boston had their own refrain: 

Who hits the ball and makes it go? Dominic DiMaggio. Who runs the bases fast, not slow? Dominic DiMaggio. Who’s better than his brother Joe? Dominic DiMaggio. But when it comes to gettin’ dough, They give it all to brother Joe.

It's good to know the Yankees-Red Sox rivalry was alive, and well, even in 1941.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've always loved this card, something about the glasses just makes me smile.

Unknown said...

There were two verses to the song. I'm looking for the other one.