Anonymous Collectibles NJ said...

“Let me see if I got this right. You buy low grade

beat up cards and feature them on your blog.

That’s awesome. Totally different than all the

other blogs I have seen featuring the nicest cards.”


6.06.2008

1967 Topps
Joe Nuxhall


What can you buy for a quarter?

A stick of gum? A few drops of gas for your car? A cheap plastic ring from one of those vending machines at the grocery store?

How about a vintage baseball card of Joe Nuxhall? Yep, that's right, I found this card in a commons box and it was marked just 25 cents.

Nuxhall became the youngest player in the majors when, at the age of 15, he appeared in a game for the Cincinnati Reds.

I don't know if this card is worth more than a quarter, but teaching your son/daughter, niece/nephew, grandson/granddaughter about this kid who pitched in a Major League game in 1944 surely is.

No comments: