Anonymous Collectibles NJ said...

“Let me see if I got this right. You buy low grade

beat up cards and feature them on your blog.

That’s awesome. Totally different than all the

other blogs I have seen featuring the nicest cards.”


10.23.2008

1979 Hostess
Mike Schmidt

With the Phillies winning Game 1 of the World Series last night, I feel obligated to post a card of a Phillie.

So here's one of my favorites: Mike Schmidt.

As a kid, when I thought of the Phillies it was Schmidt that first came to mind.

By reading the reverse of this card, Schmidt was coming off a so-so year in 1978, at least for Mike Schmidt.

Schmidt hit .251 with 21 homers and 78 RBI.

This Hostess card has seen better days. But what I like most about it is that, like most Hostess cards, it's miscut with plenty of creases. It looks like it was kept in the back pocket of its owner's pocket.

A truly loved baseball card.

No comments: