Anonymous Collectibles NJ said...

“Let me see if I got this right. You buy low grade

beat up cards and feature them on your blog.

That’s awesome. Totally different than all the

other blogs I have seen featuring the nicest cards.”


10.29.2014

1960 Topps
Warren Spahn


I learned something new today. Warren Spahn hit 35 homers in his career —ranking him third behind Wes Ferrell (38) and Bob Lemon (37) for pitchers all time.

He was around a long time, playing 21 seasons and acquiring 363 wins. His cards are readily available and relatively affordable.

And I've got my share.

I must have more poor old Warren Spahn's than any other player. And this card does not disappoint. Take a look: creased, rounded corners, scuffed, pen marks, glued to a scrapbook and glasses drawn on his face.

When it comes to poor old baseball cards this one checks all the boxes except for ripped in two.

For all it's flaws, I love it. How can you not love Warren Spahn?

2 comments:

Swing And A Pop-up said...

That is a beauty!

CaptKirk42 said...

wow the black magic marker on the back paper loss reminds me of the stuff I would do to cards as a kid.