Anonymous Collectibles NJ said...

“Let me see if I got this right. You buy low grade

beat up cards and feature them on your blog.

That’s awesome. Totally different than all the

other blogs I have seen featuring the nicest cards.”


10.21.2014

1948-50 Japanese Menko
Tadayoshi Kajioka

This arrived today.

A month after a winning bid on eBay, my first Japanese baseball card arrived from half-way around the world.

The listing said it's of Tadayoshi Kajioka, a pitcher who would win 131 games in the Japanese league.

Is it really Kajioka? I have no way of knowing.

Does anyone out there read Japanese? I'd love to know what the card says.

Regardless, it's a valued addition to my poor old baseball card collection.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I see this is a very old post, but I thought I'd answer. Yes, it is Tadayoshi Kajioka. He pitched for the Osaka Tigers from 1947-1955 with a win-loss record of 131-85 and an ERA of 2.80. I know very little otherwise about him, but if I do find something, I will let you know. Richard

Anonymous said...

すみません。 The kanji (Chinese characters) on the obverse by the picture is the name Kajioka. Kaji is 梶。Oka is 岡。You can find more about him at this url: https://www.baseball-reference.com/bullpen/Tadayoshi_Kajioka