Anonymous Collectibles NJ said...

“Let me see if I got this right. You buy low grade

beat up cards and feature them on your blog.

That’s awesome. Totally different than all the

other blogs I have seen featuring the nicest cards.”


7.05.2008

1974 Kelloggs
Bob Gibson


I don't remember ever seeing Bob Gibson pitch so all I know about him is what I've read over the years.

And what I read is that he was dominating on the hill. There was no leaning over the plate when Gibson took the mound. If you did, he might put the next pitch in your ear.

I recently found this card at a local card shop and it brought back lots of memories.

I remember searching through countless boxes of Kelloggs Frosted Flakes as a kid looking for that single baseball card.

Only, I was more likely to get Burt Hooton than Bob Gibson.

Another thing I remember about these cards is that they always had a slight warp –in other words they would never stay flat. Maybe it was that cheesy 3-D coating.

No comments: