Anonymous Collectibles NJ said...

“Let me see if I got this right. You buy low grade

beat up cards and feature them on your blog.

That’s awesome. Totally different than all the

other blogs I have seen featuring the nicest cards.”


7.27.2008

1975 Topps
Rich Gossage


Congratulations to Goose as he is inducted into the National Baseball Hall of Fame today in Cooperstown, N.Y.

I have many fond memories of watching Gossage pitch at San Diego's Jack Murphy Stadium in the mid-1980s. His induction is long overdue.

Goose was a real closer. He often pitched several inning to close a game unlike today's relievers who are so specialized they're lucky if they pitch an entire inning.

As for the baseball card, isn't it weird seeing Gossage without the wild mustache? And how about that red Sox cap. I forgot they even wore red in the 1970s.

No comments: