Anonymous Collectibles NJ said...

“Let me see if I got this right. You buy low grade

beat up cards and feature them on your blog.

That’s awesome. Totally different than all the

other blogs I have seen featuring the nicest cards.”


8.17.2009

1933 Goudey
Floyd (Babe) Herman

For about a year and a half now, I've posted pieces of my baseball card collection.

I posted a T206 Walter Johnson with burn marks. I posted a T206 Johnny Evers that was supposedly damaged in Hurricane Katrina. Then there was the 1957 Topps Duke Snider that was practically torn in half and the 1971 Thurman Munson that was graded 5 of 100.

But as far as poor old baseball cards go, this 1933 Goudey Babe Herman may be the best (worst) of them all.

I cannot begin to describe this card's flaws.

Let's just say being run over by a truck would be a bit flattering.

3 comments:

Mark Aubrey said...

I would love to be a fly on the wall for the life of some of the cards that you show.

capewood said...

That card is a mess, but pretty cool.

Dean said...

This card looks about as good as Babe Herman played the field.